Saturday, October 6, 2012

Little Helpers

Yesterday I decided to make cookies with Miriam and Simon. Miriam has been asking about making cookies for a while now, so I decided to try making some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Simon has to be where ever Miriam is, so of course he climbed right up on the chair to help. Did you know that making cookies with two kids "helping" you takes two times longer? Making cookies after nap time probably wasn't the best idea because it cut into dinner time. It was a good thing Michael was working late and I had only planned to heat up leftovers.




I am pretty sure a lot of cookie dough was eaten.



I got the recipe off the oatmeal canister. Probably a bad idea. The first batch was way overdone due to instructions to cook for 15 minutes. I didn't even think, but this is way too long for a cookie. Anyway, I adjusted and I think they turned out okay... even if it took 2 hours to make them.

No comments: