Thursday, September 29, 2011

What will she say next

For the past few weeks I have been keeping track of funny things that Miriam has said. Her imagination has grown so much lately. She cracks me up all the time. I am amazed by all the things that run through her head. She is definitely a talker. She will talk all the time to anyone willing to listen.

When I asked Miriam what she wanted to be for Halloween she said, "Umm, Miriam". When I asked her what Simon should be she said, "Mom".

Miriam: (points to the radio) "I want to dance"
Mom: "But I just heated up your hot dog"
Miriam: "Dance first, hot dog next"

I am trying to get Simon to fall asleep on his own. It is hard because he shares a room with Miriam. After a few tries I finally picked him up to rock him again (because of a lost pacifier). When I brought him back in after minute or two I heard Miriam whispering. I went over to her bed, after I laid Simon down, and asked her what she needed. She said she was singing "Twinkle Star" so Simon will sleep. Isn't she the sweetest?

I hear Michael in the bathroom with Miriam during her bath:
Michael: We need to wash your boo boo so it will be clean and feel better
Miriam: No, don't touch it
Michael: (distracting) What else do we need to wash?
Miriam: My legs and toes
Michael: What else?
Miriam: My bummy, belly, and my armpits!

Miriam wanted the chapstick off the top of my tall dresser (which is where we have to hide all chapstick from her). I told her I didn't think she could reach it. She responded with "I can reach it. I am so big now". Sure enough she used a stool and got it herself.

While I was rocking Miriam to sleep I accidentally hit the wall. Miriam says, "No Mom don't hit the wall". I say, "Oh sorry, why shouldn't I hit the wall?". Miriam says, "You will hurt the wall".

Miriam: My food goes down my neck
Mom: That's right. Where does it goes next?
Miriam: To my tummy, then my bummy

At dinner Michael asked if I wanted to go to Kohl's when we were done eating. Miriam says, "I want to come. I like Kohl's." Unsure if she knew what we were talking about I asked her where Kohl's was. She responded, "Next to Target" (which it is).

Miriam: I have to go potty
Mom: Okay, let's go
Miriam: I'm just teasing
Mom: (Laughing) Teasing? Where did you learn that word?
Miriam: At Target

"I want a guitar for my birthday. Then I will sing to you guys."





Miriam loves Sunday. She gets to dress up in her pretty dresses and see her friends at church.

1 comment:

The Daytons said...

I love those funny comments! Isn't so funny to hear what they come up with? I love the funny things they put together! She sure is a cutie!