Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nesting

I have definitely felt the need to get ready for this baby. I hate waiting until the last minute. For the past few months I have been on the lookout for as many deals as possible. Since we started with absolutely no boy things I knew we would have a lot of stuff to get. I also wanted to get Miriam's winter clothes for next year. I find it so satisfying to find a great deal on the clearance rack. I feel like after the shopping trips I had this week I am ready for this baby boy to come. I am not done with everything, but I have enough done for him to arrive. I have 39 days until my due date. I want to be done with everything by the end of this month. Here is my list.

Accomplished:

Gowns and sleepers - washed, folded and put away


0-3 months clothes - washed, folded and put away


Onesies - washed, folded and put away

*Socks/Bibs/Hats - washed, folded and put away
*Shop for next years winter clothes for baby and Miriam
*Reposition crib to new height

Stock up on wipes

*Find all baby things that I stored away

Need to Finish:
*Buy diapers (small size) - on sale at Costco this week
*Sew flannel blankets and burp cloths - material is washed and ready
*Decide on blessing outfit (I have until July)
*Finish finding summer clothes for baby and Miriam - some great deals have been found already

Overall I feel good about finishing before long. Since my energy level is dropping everyday, I will just do a little bit at a time. I love getting ready for a baby to come into our home. We are so excited to meet this little (big) guy.

No comments: