Sunday, March 6, 2011

bringing new life to our house

While out shopping on Friday I decided that our house needed a little bit of green brought into it. I ended up coming home with one little $5 plant to place on the mantle. I thought I had the perfect pot for it and proceeded to replant it. My little pot was not big enough, so I made due until we could get to the store for a new pot. On Saturday Michael came to the store with me to pick up a larger pot. Let's just say that $30 later we came home with not only a larger pot for the plant, but also two other pots, potting soil, seeds to plant some herbs, and a little watering can for Miriam. We have been talking about trying to grow herbs for a while and we finally decided to do it. We planted some sweet basil and cilantro then put them in the kitchen window. I sure hope that they grow. I have zero experience with growing anything, but I am excited to have fresh herbs if it all works out.

Here is the new plant (now on the piano).
No name yet, Tai may be the only one to understand this.


Here are the herbs 2 days into the growing process.

No comments: