Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Four Month Doctor Appointment

Simon had his doctor appointment this morning. You want to know how big he is? He weighs 17 lbs 11 oz (90%) and is 26 inches long (90%). Miriam was 15 lbs 9 oz and also 26 inches. I knew he was getting awfully heavy!

Simon is a really good baby. I feel like I haven't posted much about him besides pictures.
After he was born adjusting to two kids was a challenge. I figured if nothing else I should at least post some pictures. Now that I feel like I have more time I thought I better write a little bit about him so I won't forget. He is becoming extremely social and wants anyone and everyone to talk to him. He loves watching Miriam and grabs at her all the time. Simon loves to play with toys. From the moment he figured out how to grab at them he wants to have something in his hands at all times. He gets really excited when you get a toy for him.

Simon has been sleeping in his crib for about 2 weeks now. He started sleeping 6-7 hours when he was about six weeks old, but since he is sharing a room with Miriam we wanted to wait until he was sleeping longer. He started sleeping 8-9 hours about a month and a half ago so we decided to make the move. It has gone pretty well. He still has his nights where he doesn't sleep as well, but Miriam is really good about going back to sleep if she gets woken up. If he wakes up to eat after 6:30 or 7:00 AM, I just put him in our bed instead of going back in. Michael leaves for work by 6:30 anyway, so there is plenty of room.

snuggling up in our bed


We think Simon is the cutest boy ever! It has been so fun watching the differences between having a boy and having a girl. He sure can brighten your day if you are ever feeling down. I mean how can you resist those big blue eyes?



No comments: