Friday, December 17, 2010

NO! (SNOW!)

Miriam has a pink snowsuit, a pink coat, a pink hat, pink gloves, and pink snow boots. Every time she has seen her boots (since she got them weeks ago) she asks to put them on. I have told her that the pink snow boots are for wearing out when it snows. I wasn't sure she really understood what I meant. When I got out of the shower on Wednesday and peeked out the window I noticed it had started snowing pretty hard. I called to Miriam to come look outside and immediately she started yelling NO NO NO (SNOW SNOW SNOW). She was so excited she ran straight to her room and grabbed her pink boots and brought them right to me. I guess she understood after all. She wanted to call her dad right away to tell him about the snow. It has been hard to keep the boots off her the past couple of days. I have to remind her that when we come back inside they are wet and she needs to wait until they are dry to put them back on.

Tonight we had our ward Christmas party. Michael couldn't come with us and although we have only been here for two weeks and I don't know anyone, I decided to venture out with Miriam to the church building. They had a Polar Express theme and served breakfast foods for dinner. They asked all the kids to come in their pajamas. Miriam was so excited when I told her she could wear her pig pajamas out. Of course the pink snow boots came too.

smiling, but not looking (you take what you can get)

No comments: