Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Downtown Days Three and Four...

...and the rest of the "vacation". Oh, you thought I was done after days one and two. You were wrong. I still have plenty more to post about our trip downtown. On day three we headed to the Air and Space Museum. I had to feed Simon as soon as we got there and so someone took our stroller for me. Therefore, I didn't get very many pictures because Michael had Miriam and someone else had our camera. After lunch we went to the National Archives. No pictures allowed there! It was really neat seeing the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. I think it was the first time in a long time that they were all displayed in their entirety.

On day four we decided to take a break from downtown and stay closer to home. We slept in a bit and hung around our house all morning before heading out for a late lunch. After eating we went to the other Air and Space Museum located over by the Dulles Airport. There is free parking after 4:00 pm so we waited until we didn't have to pay. I didn't take any pictures... I guess after a week of picture after picture I gave up on this day.

The last day my family was in town we decided we better head downtown one last time. We went to the Holocaust Museum (No pictures allowed). It was a sad reminder of what these people went through. We kind of booked it through most of it because our kids had about had it with museums by this point. We then went to have lunch in the Ronald Reagan Building before heading over the Old Post Office. There we went up the tower and saw the sights of downtown from a different perspective. There was a nice breeze and I think the kids enjoyed playing around.

Miriam flying an airplane


I think Miriam was a little bit afraid of the edge


Miriam and Mom


Miriam loved her cousin Paige.
She still prays for her to get home safely on the airplane.


Miriam is getting good a smiling for the camera, however she always closes her eyes.


Views from the Post Office Tower


We will miss having everyone here. Miriam sure misses all her cousins. It was a great vacation. Even though we live in the DC area we never get a chance to go downtown. It was fun having family as an excuse to go see all the sights again. I hope everyone had a great time!

No comments: